Top Scorer this week: Rieko Ioane with 65 points.
I’m back from being in sunny Cape Town for a month and the time off has been good to my team, currently sitting 4th in Rugby Magazine’s Fantasy game.
Unlucky pick of the week – Bridge from the Crusaders as he was pulled at the last minute.
- Damian McKenzie was great again at 15 even though they lost to the jags. He just has more time with the ball in hand to utilize his pace.
- Havili stole all the points in The Crusaders back line this week and Jordan stepping in for Bridge did pretty well too. They destroyed the Hurricanes at home which was pretty shocking. I cant see them not making the final after that performance.
- The Ioane brothers both had a huge game against my beloved Stormers. Rieko getting the better of the 2 brother as well as being this week’s top scorer with with 65 points. I hope he is not rested next weekend as he’s in top form.Th
- The Jags put in a solid performance at home. Petti making the Dream Team yet again, he’s have a great season.
- The Sunwolves beating the Tahs was awesome to witness. I had ven der Heever but he was the wrong wing to have this past weekend. I really hope they dont get axed as they play such exciting rugby.
- Quade Cooper came to play at his old ground, the Rebels are looking pretty good to me against their Auzzie counterparts. So far they have won 4 and lost 2. One of those wins was against the Highlanders. I expect them to be win the Auzzie conference but cant see them doing anything against the top SA and Kiwi teams.
- Always and I mean always check the starting line-ups. https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/super-rugby-weekend-teams-20180116-2
- The Sharks vs Bulls proved to be pretty boring except for the punch up between Akker and Britz. Apparently Britz has been banned for 4 weeks and Akker 3 weeks.It was great to that there were no hard feeling between the 2 after the match but that is a costly ban.
- Quade Cooper got one over Brad Thorn buy being instrumental in punishing the Reds at home. If that grubber had bounced up for him he would have scored right under the sticks…