The Dream Team Of Week 1 (601 Points):
TOP SCORER – Marnus Schoeman the top point scorer, who would have thought?
- DAVID POCOCK(Brumbies) – injured so early in the match.
POOREST PERFORMER – SIO TOMKINSON(HIGH) –12 points…OUCH!
What has round 1 taught us:
- Matt Phillips(Rebels) was a banker last year and is clearly one again this year. Only 8 points shy of the top scorer this week already.
- Marnus Schoeman(Lions) I mean 3 tries in week 1, pat yourself on the back if you started him but I’m afraid when Kwagga returns I’m not sure he will be a regular starter.
- The Bulls are back and look like living up to their new Captain America Jersey. I thought they would beat the Stormers at home but not like that. The Speckanator was immense on debut! If you had him and played him, well done!
- Izzy made the dream team so I reckon he’ll be a consistent performer again this year even though the Tahs didn’t impress me. He is still a FANTASY RUGBY GOD!
- The Sunwolves fielded a strange side, especially considering who they purchased in the off season. I actually found them a little boring this week but I expect them to be a lot better once the Big Guns return.
- Anton Lienert-Brown(Chiefs), I mean WOW, he did everything right and I’ve never been his biggest fan to be honest. He turned the game around for the Chiefs but unfortunately Aaron Smith came on and ruined the comeback party.
- The Props score big point in this fantasy game especially if they run with the ball in hand so it comes no surprise that Lomax and Hodgman took their respective spots in the Dream Team.
- Ardie Savea had a great game and again I think everyone is aware that they need to be playing their best every game to make the World Cup squad, so I am definitely thinking about bringing him in.
- Always and I mean always check the starting line-ups. https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/super-rugby-weekend-teams-20180116-2
- ETENE NANAI-SETURO (Chiefs) Apart from Rosko Speckman, this 7’s convert also looks like he has a bright future ahead of him in 15s and was clearly another bargain buy that paid off in week 1.
- AKIRA looked sharp and hungry for work, not to mention shrugging off Owen Franks as if he was a 75kg scrumhalf. A big year for him no doubt.
- Lastly JOSH IOANE (Highlanders) scored 24 points was a great bargain buy at only $153K despite not making the Dream Team.