This week’s #SuperRugbyScout line-up for the penultimate weekend of Fantasy Super Rugby:
Let’s face it, this week is all about getting as many of the right Waratah’s into your line-up as possible as the Sunwolves don’t travel well, the Tahs have come into form and are still fighting it out for top spot in the conference:
- Kepu – back in form, great match-up.
- Fitzpatrick – match-up.
- Ta’avao – chiefs were superb last week, and that international break looked like it refreshed a whole load of players. Angus typically gets 70mins and gets around.
- Du Toit – no Brodie this week so the best lock out there.
- Hanigan – playing flanker for the Tahs.
- Akira – back to his best last week. The Blues will likely be playing from behind against the canes and will need this guy to contribute.
- Messam – this is a real wildcard, but Liam rolled back the years last week and seems to have showing his best just before he heads off to france. Chiefs with plenty to play for and I think will be back throwing it around like they did against the highlanders.
- Mafi – fantasy gold.
- TJ – best scrummie option this week.
- Foley – I’m really torn on this as Foley has let me down plenty this year, but he’s got to get 50 pts surely ?
- Naiyaravoro – pure match-up, last time he killed the sunwolves. Masirewa is worse at tackling than Rhule, so this guy should go big.
- Ioane – still don’t like him playing 12 but drop him at your peril.
- Beale – I’d prefer to take Rona here but he’s an OBK. Come on Kurtley !
- McKenzie – just great.
- Folau – I’m actually a little worried how bad this guy might tear up the Sunwolves. His ban was a joke, and I think he’s going to have a point to prove.
Vice Captain: McKenzie / Mafi
Captaining: but unless one of those guys goes off it’s a coin flip between Folau and Naiyaravoro. Folau is safer, Taqele the better upside.
Right, because we haven’t managed to get the touch / pause / engage out this week, here’s a bonus food for thought. Below are the form players:
There’s some great picks in here that are borderline with the team we’ve named, specifically Rona, Pulu, Jacobson and Little. I also really like Alaimalo. It looked like he was back to his early season best and that break did him the world of good.