Sorry for the lack of Touch, Pause, Engage this week. WE’ll try to make up for it with some longer commentary here and alternate positional ideas. This week team:
- Tupou– this guy can bust a big one at any point. Though game away against the blues, but they haven’t been the best at tackling all season..
- Ricciteli– this is a coin flip between Ricky and the reds hooker this week. I’ve picked Ricky simply because he’s cheaper.
- Schoeman – match-up play against the sunwolves. Good value. Other options would be Kepu and Ta’avo
- Du Toit – no Brodie this week so the best lock outthere.
- Snyman – again a coin flip here. I’ve gone match-up vs someone like Mostert, also because picking a fresh team is more of a budget challenge. Other cheaper options are Hemopo and Louisi.
- Akira – has been kak for a few weeks, but didn’t get a run for the all blacks so should be fresh. Rolling the dice on this one.
- Du Preez – points machine.
- Mafi – can’t not start him even with a tough match-up this week.
- TJ – Pulu is my preference but he’s been bracketed and will be a game time decision.
- Little – again, there’s not much in it this week between Little, Perofeta, Foley, Pollard. I just love this guy and think he someone needs to snap him up. There’s a great case for the other 3 as well this week.
- Gelant – pure match-up.
- Ioane – I REALLY don’t like him playing 12, but he just can’t stop scoring. This is risky and you’ve got other options like Kerevi / Laumape who might be safer without the upside.
- Kriel – again, playing the match-up but Jesse has been solid this year ad there’s some serious up side here.
- Naholo – best option at this price point. Can’t afford Lam, and you could trade down Reiko to bring in Lam here.
- DMcK – tough game, but it’s DMcK.
Vice Captain: Mafi / Akira / Reiko / Kerevi in the early games
Captaining: McKenzie / Lam / Laumape in the late games. If you’ve got balls the size of watermelons you could try Little or Kriel.
Preferences underlined in bold.