With only two conferences playing, there’s some more difficult selections this week:
- Tupou– Reds will be up against it here, but Tupou just needs one run and he’s into 30 pts. Must start.
- Codie – this is a real difficult one this week. I’ve gone with in theory the best performing hooker starting this week. Chiefs vs Crusaders is typically (4 out of the last 4 years) pretty tight. That being the case it means some forward play, which bodes well for Codie. If it opens up, Codie’s great in the loose.
- Alaalatoa – brumbies have a great match-up, their scrum should be strong against the Sunwolves and he’s good value.
- Brodie – best lock in world rugby at home in another must win game.
- Himeno – I was struggling with the 2nd lock spot this week. Himeno gets the nod given he’s playing 8, all be it in what will be a tough away game, for a Sunwolves side that don’t travel well. I was tempted by either Blues lock.
- Akira – on the face of it, the Blues vs Rebels game should be the highest scoring game this week. Akira is due some points. Will he deliver ?
- Ardie – great form, tough match-up. I don’t like many of the hurricanes backs, but I do like Ardie (still).
- Mafi – always starting 8.
- Pulu – been shit recently, but good match-up, in what could be a high scoring game, coming off a bye.
- Mo’Unga – this is a coin flip between Mo’unga, Foley and Perofeta. I actually think Perofeta might be the better pick, but I seem to have loads of money this week, so rolling the dice on Mo’Unga.
- Alaimalo – another coin flip between Alaimalo / Nayaravoro / Naholo / Lam. I’m going for Alaimalo simply because the Chiefs will likely be trying to chase the ‘saders and will need to beat them out wide, and break from distance.
- SBW – usually good for points, decent match-up against a Rebels team that doesn’t travel too well, in a game that’s hopefully pretty open and high scoring. (SBW is doubtful for the game, so keep your eyes peeled. If he’s not good to go, then Laumape / Kerevi should be safe for at least 30+, with upside).
- Tamanivula – this is a gamble. BUT, Seta is great when he gets the ball, he just usually doesn’t get much ball. When he’s been forced into centre because of early ‘saders injuries, he’s generally scored very well.
- Folau – good match-up, it’s Folau.
- DMcK – tough game, but it’s DMcK.
Vice Captain: Mafi / Akira / McKenzie
Captaining: Folau, or McKenzie if you go Mafi / Akira