TOP SCORER – Taqele Naiyaravorow 106 points.
- Patrick Tuipulotu was looking great and then made a silly error to earn himself a yellow card… ended on a mere 13 points.
- POOREST PERFORMER – Matt Lucas -4 in 51 minutes…
What has round 9 taught us:
- Taqele Naiyaravoro, showed the reds how it’s done. The Red’s last line of defense was nothing for him and since losing 20kgs is looking a little quicker this year too…
- Damien McKensie just missed out on the dream team this week, he was a late inclusion and put in a fantastic performance at 10 again. He’s kicking was a little off but 70 points is great. Alaimalo made the bench of the dream team and the All Black selectors must be looking at him now.
- Akira Ioane did not disappoint against the Sunwolves, in the 2nd half at least. Rieko was actually the better of the 2 brothers to my surprise especially considering he started at 12.
- Ben Lam was a try scoring machine yet again. Another headache for All Black selectors.
- Naholo really needs to put in a few big performances, although Ben Smith reminded us why he has been first choice at fullback for the All Blacks for the last few years, what a performance.
- Always and I mean always check the starting line-ups. https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/super-rugby-weekend-teams-20180116-2
- Boden was back with a vengeance claiming his dream team spot at 10. He’s on a bye this week but will be a must if he starts against the Sunwolves in 2 weeks time.
- Jean-Luc Du Preez made 60 points in the backrow despite the Sharks losing badly to the Bulls. He’s an animal so far this season.