Sorry for the delay but Fox only now updated the points…
TOP SCORER – Isi Naisarani with 92 points closely followed by M Tambwe with 4 tries, both players were on fire.
- Boden Barrett and Hosea Saumaki who were withdrawn at the last minute, I’m pretty sure a few people wasted a transfer or OBK on either or both of them.
- POOREST PERFORMER – Sylvian Mahuza who played for 26 minutes and ended on -2, Tim Perry managed to avoid a hatrick, nice!
What has round 8 taught us:
- Let’s start with Taqele Naiyaravoro, while questionable on defense he destroys players with the ball in hand. I didn’t have enough transfers to bring him in last week and to be fair I think he’ll struggle against better opposition. On the watch-list for now.
- Damien McKensie was looking like he was on his way to yet another 50/60+ score until he pulled a muscle. I am stressing that he wont pay this week as I have a few Lions, Stormers and Crusaders on my side who are on a bye this week…
- The 2 du Preez brothers had another great week, Robert was on my bench again but this week I could sub Sopoanga in for Willemse which was not the best idea points wise but it helps me with the Stormers on a bye this week. Jean-Luc was everywhere again and I cant see how he wont start for the Springboks later in the year.
- Akira Ioane put in another strong performance this week and I cant wait to see what he does against the Sunwolves. Rieko starting at 13 meant he had more ball in hand. He is still better suited at 11 but just needs a 13 that will pass the ball to him…
- Always and I mean always check the starting line-ups. https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/super-rugby-weekend-teams-20180116-2
- Ihaia West made 70 points so if you had Boden you were truly robbed this past week with him not starting…
- Isi Naisarani is averaging 46 points a week but the Brumbies do face the Highlanders this week. He is doing a lot better than players like Hooper who made a mere 27 points vs the Sunwolves.
- Apart from Naisarani the 2 best performing locks once a gain out-scored the other backrow players.