The Dream Team Of Week 5 ( Points):
- Kitshoff scoring 46 points
- Slipper scoring 40 points
- Marx scoring 100 points
- Bodie Retallick scoring 102 points c
- Mostert 59 points
- Akira Ioane scoring 67 points – same as last week…
- C. Timu scoring 57 points
- McCaffrey scoring 48 points
- Powell scoring 32 points
- Williemse scoring 53 points
- Kriel 63 with points
- A.Lienert-Brown scoring 56 points
- Saumaki with 90 points
- Li 67 scoring points
- Maddocks scoring 88 points
TOP SCORER – Bodie Retallick the top point scorer of Week 5.
- Lionel Mapoe -missed 12 tackles against the Sunwolves at home only made 9 points.
POOREST PERFORMER – Allan Alaalatoa(BRU) –5 points.
What has round 4 taught us:
- Brodie Retallick is still the most incredible lock in world rugby, offloads, vision, excitement, tries while still doing his job as a lock in the line-outs and scrum, 102 points is a crazy score. I am not sure I can afford him but he’s a must after this past weekend. Overall the Chiefs started terribly and then showed their mental strength by getting back into the game and turning it around, they must feel pumped after that performance against the Bulls.
- The Lions were lucky to win in the end against the Sunwolves, it was a spectacle to watch but their defense is really lacking this year. Mostert had an exceptionally fantastic performance along with Marx’s century, wish I had captained him…
- The Stormers won comfortably at home in the end against the Blues, its just such a pity they have so many injuries to the locks and flyhalves. If Willemse can stay fit and not get injured they should do ok this year. They do need to pretty much win everything after losing all their matched on tour.
- Folau on the wing still did ok, I binned him on Friday as I still had Speight on the bench who did only marginally better than him, on a bye this week so I was lucky to be able to bin him during this week.
- The Highlanders showed the Crusaders what they are capable of this week. I think both the Smith’s Ben and Aaron were were exceptional. Aaron still came off early though which I thought was weird in such a close game. as well as played extremely well, Smith gave a master class in srumhalf. Naholo looks a little out of sorts still in my opinion.
- Kitshoff is the inform prop at the moment another huge performance of 46 points, almost valued at 300K now, get him before its too late.
- Kerevi moving to 12 seems still got him 47 points without a try, easy points with this guy…
- Always and I mean always check the starting line-ups. https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/super-rugby-weekend-teams-20180116-2
- The Sunwolves gave the Lions a real run for their money at in Jo’burg. There is a new Hosea in town(referring to Gear) Hosea Saumaki who is averaging 84.5 point after 2 games. I normally judge players after 3 games but I am seriously considering bringing him into my team. Maybe start him on the bench as I have trouble starting Sunwolves players. I did start Lappies this past weekend and almost didn’t sleep at all… He made 26 which is pretty solid.