The Dream Team Of Week 4 ( Points):
- Michael Alaalatoa (CRU) scoring 53 points
- Uelese (REB) scoring 52 points
- Agustín Creevy(JAG) scoring 69 points
- Lodewyk de Jager(BUL) scoring 36 points
- Matt Philip(REB) scoring 35 points
- Mafi(REB) scoring 76 points
- Akira Ioane(BLU) scoring 67 points
- Luke Whitelock(HIG) scoring 65 points
- Aaron Smith(HIG) scoring 49 points
- Elton Jantjies (LIO) scoring 58 points
- Kerevi (RED)scoring 77 points
- Rob Thompson(HIG), Rieko Ioane(BLU) & André Esterhuizen(SHA) all scoring 70 points
- Israel Folau(TAH) scoring 86 points
- Makazole Mapimpi(SHA)scoring 83 points
- Naholo(HIG)scoring 68 points
TOP SCORER – IZZY (TAH) the top point scorer of Week 4.
- Ryan Crotty(CRU) -Off injured early in the with match with -2.
POOREST PERFORMER – Frans van Wyk(STO) –6 points.
What has round 4 taught us:
- The Rebels are not just playing well, they leading the Super Rugby table in 2018. Players like Mafi and Uelese(hooker listed as a prop) are bankers and even their young lock made it into the dream team this week. This weekend they face the Tahs who lost to the Jags, there could be a shift in who is who of Australian rugby this weekend.
- The Lions roved that need to sometime tighten up their play. They were leading the Blues and decided to play a loose game which suit the blues. Rieko took full advantage of this. Not sure I can bring him in just for 1 week.
- The Stormers put on a good show against the Highlanders but were outclassed. Willemse scored just over 50 points and is looking sharp and with them playing a few games at home I expect his form to continue.
- Folau is just insane and if you don’t have him, get him or you’ll pay the price.
- The Highlanders played extremely well, Smith gave a master class in srumhalf and Naholo showed us glimpses of his skills and still made 68 points, I think he’ll be doing well in the next few weeks despite the tougher opposition.
- Jordie Barret gave a solid performance, on a bye this week but I think he’s the one to bring in next week.
- Kerevi moving to 12 seems to mean he gets involved more and his points have increased a lot. If he stays at 12 he’ll be getting a really high average this year.
- Always and I mean always check the starting line-ups. https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/super-rugby-weekend-teams-20180116-2
- The Sharks did ok against the Sunwolves, I did expect a few more of their players in this dream team. Mapimpi and André Esterhuizen were the pick of the lot. I am a bit sour as I had du Preez at 10 and he only made 35 points, which not amazing with that scoreline…