The Dream Team Of Week 3 ( Points):
- Beast (SHA) scoring 42 points
- W.Louw (STO) scoring 42 points
- Malcolm Marx(LIO) scoring 61 points
- JD. Schickerling(STO) scoring 45 points
- T. Paul(SHA) scoring 41 points
- C.Wiese(STO) scoring 60 points
- B Harmon (CRU) scoring 51 points
- T.Seu(CHI) scoring 49 points
- J Powell(BRU) scoring 49 points
- Richie Mo’unga (CRU) scoring 67 points
- L. Am(SHA)scoring 65 points
- D. de Allende(STO) scoring 60 points
- J. Maddocks (REB) scoring 70 points
- Solomon Alaimalo(CHI)scoring 52 points
- G. Bridge(CRU)scoring 51 points
TOP SCORER – J. Maddocks(REB) the top point scorer of Week 3.
- Siya Kolisi(STO) – playing way below his potential, coming off early too.
- Akihito Yamada(SUN) – Off injured early in the match.
POOREST PERFORMER – Ben May(HUR) –9 points.
What has round 2 taught us:
- Marx(LIONS) was a banker this week and playing safe with your captain can pay off, he scored a cool 61 which is 2 of 3 top scoring outside backs.
- Solomon Alaimalo(CHI) is the proving to be the real deal, 2 games and he’s averaging over 50 already. I can not wait to see what this guy does to a weaker team when the Chiefs play at home. On a bye this next week though.
- Louw, JD Schickerling, Wiese and de Allende all made into the dream team despite playing away from home against the defending champions. Schickerling unfortunately was injured so the Stormers will be in an even worse position regarding locks. Louw and de Allende were looking in great form but Wiese stole the show. Still quite cheap and seems to want to get involved a lot.
- Richie Mo’unga did a great deal with the boot against the Stormers. I think he will be a safe pick this season as The Crusaders should win most their matches. Oh no wait just been informed he is out for 2/3 months, who will be his replacement at 10?
- Aphiwe Dyanti(LIONS), still scored 50 points without a try, up 50k this week and last week. You have to bring him in against the Blues and the Sunwolves.
- J. Maddocks, I don’t know much about this guy but he scored some fantastic tries. Top Scorer this week and 30 points last gets him onto the watch list.
- Always and I mean always check the starting line-ups. https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/super-rugby-weekend-teams-20180116-2
- No Hurricanes feature in this team this week despite playing against the Jaguares, who did not play well. I guess you could say in the 2nd half the Hurricanes showed glimpses of last years form. Against The Crusaders this week they’ll need to be a lot better.
- Sharks had some decent performances, Am the best of the lot with his electric pace was too much for The Tahs at time.