Here’s our week 3 picks. Remember, this is based on Week 3 match-ups, with a sprinkling of season long picks. It’s possible to pick this team if you started with $6M this week:
Anyway, pretty self explanatory:
- Alaalatoa: great match-up, top prop last year (I’m going to cut and paste this every week aside from Brumbies bye weeks)
- Ricciteli: let’s be honest, I’ve still got Marx, but the Lions will have a tough time of if this week against the Bulls, and the canes could cut loose in argentina, so some upside for this guy
- Uelese: hooker player at prop. Nuff said.
- Snyman: Bulls looked to get back to what they’re good at. Giving it to giant humans. Snyman more dangerous than Lood on average. Only 10 pts less and didn’t have to cut a 30min run with try.
- Whitelock: ‘saders the biggest favourites this week.
- Ioane: I quite fancy the blues this week. Can’t afford Reiko in this team, but Akira could cut lost against a sloppy Chiefs team.
- Ardie: second chance after poor week last week, and missing that tackle on Lood. Watch the replay and Ardie’s got his hands on his knees after 32mins …. I’m keeping the faith, just.
- Naisarani: Season pick, Reds are kak, he’s good value.
- TJ: Top scrummy, good match-up.
- Mo’Unga: Great match-up, let’s avoid a yellow Richie and try to get over the whitewash for 60pts+
- Haylett-Petty: Should be good for 40-50 pts against a competitive Sunwolves. Good upside for the season.
- Laumape: Guys awesome, plus match-up.
- Leali’ifano: Will slot some points kicking and I think the Brumbies will punish a weak Reds team.
- Folau: it’s Folau.
- DMck: Still don’t like him at 10, but if he can have a horrible game and get 60pts+ you can’t really not pick him.
I really feel like I need more Crusaders this week, but don’t fancy Goodhue or Tamanivalu over my 12/13 combo, or Bridge / Havili instead of DMck or Folau. If you can’t afford the premium players in those positions, then those are this weeks options I’d suggest.
CAPTAIN: McKenzie. Tough to look else-where.
NEWSFLASH: Just seen both Barrett’s are starting. If I hadn’t spend 2 hours farting aroudn on this team I’d probably change. Both serious contenders for this week.
Week 2: Full Disclosure – 622 pts ( if you captained Marx). Not bad, you would have been in the top 20% of managers if you’d picked our team from last week.