TOP SCORER – A week with a load of great performances, Boden Barrett would have taken the crown as he managed to get 73 despite his red card. Other big scores came from the likes of Laumape and McKensie but James Lowe(CHIEFS) takes it with 83 points.
UNLUCKY PICKS – Jan Serfontein(BULLS) and Nicolas Sanchez(JAGS). They earned 1 and 0 respectively.
POOREST PERFORMERS – Fumiaki Tanaka(SUN) this week again with 0…
What has round 7 taught us:
- Having a Kiwi day once a week in training this year really paid off for The Stormers. You have to give credit to Fleck and his staff, they are doing a sterling job in Cape Town, especially considering the amount of injuries they have. Their squad has such depth in the form of young talent. The Chiefs even beat the Hurricanes this year, could this be The Stormers’ year?
- Allister Coetzee how on Earth can you not pick SP Marais to play for The Springboks. I can only assume you didn’t watch the game on Saturday and in that case I think you are bit of a… box in Afrikaans… considering you are the ex-Stormers coach. Maybe Fleck is just better than you? Grow up and pick SP Marais.
- Laumape(HURR) was pipped by Jordie Barrett(HURR) again this week, I think he is the better choice as he just gets more involved. Maybe having both is the answer…
- Dillyn Leyds(STOR) I think Sonny Bill will be watching that replay over and over again to work on his offloads. OFFLOAD of All Time, FACT!
- Dane Haylett-Petty showed his class against The Force. Bringing him in just before a bye was too risky for me, considering the all injuries, players being rested and byes.
- The Kings have some game in them, especially M.Jaer and Lionel Cronjie both making over 50 points away from home. They hooked up for a basketball-like move followed by a grubber, worth a watch if you missed it. It has to be said that it will be sad to see both these 2 teams leave Super Rugby…
- Fekitou(HIGH) put in another great performance with 47 points. He was only 2 points shy of Kerevi and is much cheaper. He’s on a bye this week though.
- The Brumbies were great and taught the Red a lesson in Rugby. Larkham is a great coach and what he has done with their team is fantastic. Chris Alcock made 80 points and was clearly the backrow pick of the week.