TOP SCORER – SP Marais(STOR) 105 points! MVP!!!!
UNLUCKY PICKS – Ben Smith(HIGH) was a DNP at the 12th hour, it burnt! Sam Cane(CHIEFS) he went off only a few minutes, 1 point…
POOREST PERFORMERS – J.Jenkins(BULLS) scored -3, he was a sub though. Out of the starters that some people might of had J.Reid(REB) managed a 1 point, loads of handling errors and penalties were the cause of this.
What has round 6 taught us:
- The South African teams can score tries and play exciting rugby. Some of the young talent, especially the outside backs are making massive points. Van Wyk(78 points) and SP Marais(105 points) being the pick of the bunch.
- SA Rugby will be worse off without Ackermann, he’s leaving to Gloucester and I for 1 would love to see the Lions playing that kind of rugby for a long time, take nothing away from The Sharks, they were exceptional too. The Du Preez brothers not even scoring 20 points between them doesn’t make any sense if you watched that game, sort it out FOX…
- Laumape(HURR) is human scoring a mere 12 points in round 6, he did have a try disallowed though.
- Dane Coles(HURR) will be back from being rested/slight injury and Ardie Savea(HURR) joins the injury list. Ardie has been phenomenal this season but I dont expect the Hurricane to suffer too much without him.
- Izzy(TAHS) back to 13 proved dismal, he made 22 points, for him that’s practically zero.
- Hooper(TAHS) is making loads of points again. He’s averaging over 60 for the last 2 weeks.
- Fekitou(HIGH) looks to have found some form. His 2 tries were excellent, making him 62 points. He should be a solid pick against the blues this weekend.
- Curwin Bosch(SHARKS) only made 24 points but his drop goals were amazing to watch. He’s the new Jannie De Beer with a better running game too.