TOP SCORER – Torsten van Jaarsveld (CHEE) 78 Points
UNLUCKY PICKS – Israel Dagg, Naholo, Milner Skudder – all injured early in the first half, a guy tweeted us who had all 3 playing, Ouch! Someone give that guy a Wildcard!
POOREST PERFORMER – Takuma Asahara (SUN) at -8, not sure many had him though.
What has round 3 taught us:
- No-one is safe from injury, bringing in players for an easy fixture a week in advance is too risky, I almost binned Curwin Bosch for Dagg, phew!!!
- Nehe Milner-Skudder(HURR) is going to be out for a bit meaning Jordie Barrett(HURR) should be playing at fullback.
- Dane Coles(HURR) is not the only Hooker making points, Torsten scored more than double his total..
- Izzy scored 76 points with 2 tries, it looks like he is finding his rhythm again…
- The Sunwolves gave the Cheetahs a great match and put together some amazing phases of play, maybe they’ll win a fixture at home this season after all.
- The Jaguares beating the Lions will give them confidence although the Lions did field a weaker starting line-up.
- SP Marais(STOR) had a solid performance in round 3 and was unlucky not to score a try..
- Senatla(STOR) looks like he can’t even get onto the bench in a game against the Kings… He’s probably wishing he kept a foot in the 7’s game.
- Curwin Bosch(SHARKS) took over at 10 for the Sharks as if he’d been playing super rugby for years. I spoke about this guy at the beginning of the season. It will be hard for the Sharks coach not to start him ahead of April this weekend after scoring a Massive 27 points. I can’t remember a time when Lambie scored 27 point, just saying…
- Other injuries include James Lowe(CHIEFS), Scott Fardy(BRUM) and Seta Tamanivalu(CRUS)